We provide services tailored to meet the client’s needs in each case. We can handle an arbitration or a cross-border dispute from start to finish working together with local counsel where necessary. We also act as Russian local counsel responsible for the collection and management of Russian-based evidence and matters of Russian law as well as representing the client in proceedings before the Russian courts. We also handle discreet parts of complex disputes such as preparing expert reports on Russian law or practice or identifying a suitable expert and assisting in formulating appropriate instructions or helping to obtain specific evidence located in Russia.
We also represent clients in Russian courts in cases relating to international arbitration and cross-border disputes such as recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and foreign judgments proceedings or applications to refer parties to arbitration.
- Representing a supplier of high-tech services in a dispute with the client (SCC Rules).
- Acting in a team represented the seller of a Russian retail dispute in the dispute concerning warranties and representations (LCIA).
- Representing a Russian airline in a dispute with the lessor of several aircraft (LCIA).
- Representing a Russian manufacturer in a dispute with a foreign buyer concerning the quality of the goods supplied and payment for them (ICAC at the Russian CCI)
- Advising the client on evidence gathering exercise in the context of one of the largest disputes before the High Court of England and Wales concerning shares in a Russian business.
- Advising the client on contesting jurisdiction of the High Court of England and Wales over a dispute arising out of insolvency of several Russian companies.
- Coordinating a legal team representing the client in multiple proceedings in a dispute over control over an business in Russia, encompassing primary proceedings in one of the Western European countries and auxiliary proceedings in Cyprus, BVI and Russia.
Recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards
- Representing CJSC Efirnoe before the Presidium of the Supreme Commercial Court in a dispute concerning setting aside of an ICAC at the Russian CCI award (the court reinstated the award in favor of the client).
- Representing a major shipbuilding company in proceedings concerning recognition and enforcement of an SCC award in Russia.
- Advising clients on various issues of recognition and enforcement of multiple LCIA and SCC awards in Russia and ICAC at the Russian CCI awards abroad.